LET THE SUN SHINE!


I've noticed over the past couple of years that during the winter months my energy level changes drastically. I tire easily and, I'm not as motivated to be creative. I don't want to say that I get depressed but, I do have a "blah" feeling that keeps me from being as active as I would like to be.

Well, I've realized recently that the "Blah" feeling is a result from the lack of sunlight. I knew that sunlight was important but, as I get older, I am starting to realize how much I need it to function during the gray, gloomy months of winter.

Sunlight is the most effective healing agent that exist and, a daily dose of sunshine has some major benefits such as the following:

Sunlight soothes the nerves and will boost your mood leaving you with a sense of renewal and well-being. Sunlight increases the production of endorphins and serotonin in the brain which has a huge effect helping us to feel better.

Sunlight enhances the immune system by increasing the amount of white blood cells, which helps to destroy germs.

Sunlight encourages healthy circulation of blood and oxygen.

A sufficient amount of sunlight during the day can help you to sleep better at night. Sun increases the output of melatonin, a natural hormone which enhances sleep and slows the aging process.

Sunlight improves the function of the liver and helps to break down toxins which could lead to disease.

The weather forecast calls for sunny skies throughout the week here in Germany. I'll be taking advantage of the opportunity to soak in as much sunshine as I can.

Wishing you sunny skies as well! Enjoy your week!

For more information on the health benefits of sunlight, check out the article here.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers