SATURDAY IN THE CITY

May 21, 2011 Bonn, Germany


The market was all a bustle.



l

I love to hear this lady shouting out her daily specials. Her voice is one of a kind!


The flower markets were in full bloom.



There wasn't an empty seat to be found at the sidewalk cafe's.


My favorite store is closing it's doors.


The hat shop had a window display featuring lovely pink and white straw hats and fascinators.

My husband bought a new hat. It's not pink and white and it's not a fascinator but, I think he looks cool.

Time for a coffee break at Starbucks. I had the strawberry frappichino.

There was a brass band playing on the main square and,

a bird on Beethoven's head!

The French Market was in town!

Vendors from France were selling fresh marmalade,

and cheese.

This gentlemen let us try samples of his yummy ham.
.
One vendor had a stand full of dried lavender. They smelled so good, I had to buy a bunch.

But, I had to leave the macaroons behind. I have to watch my waistline. Aren't they cute!

How was your weekend?



Enjoy your Sunday,

4 comments

  1. that market looks amazing. i agree i like your husband's new hat! that's so funny that you guys had a coffee break at starbucks that company is everywhere...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The market was awesome! We certainly enjoyed our day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! Thank you so much for sharing this :) Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers