FIRST FRUITS

Happy Monday everyone! I hope that you all had a fabulous weekend. My weekend as ok. We visited my mother in law in Duisburg on Saturday. We always have a nice lunch followed by coffee and Kuchen (cake) afterwards. While we were there we spent an hour or so in a really cool industrial park which I'll have to tell you more about later.

Anyway, I wanted to share a few pictures of our grape vine. We bought it last spring because we wanted to have more greenery out on the balcony. The vine was no more than a foot tall at the time that we purchased it. It didn't grow much at all last summer and throughout the fall months and, we actually worried that it may not survive the winter. However at the beginning of spring, this thing took off growing and has literally not stopped!


It's grown so high, that it's started to form an arch over our balcony door.


Yesterday my husband were pleasantly surprised to discover that there were grapes (Trauben) on the vine which were ripe enough to eat!


Of course we put them to the taste test and they are delicious (Lecker)!

I hope that you enjoyed the tiny German lesson tucked into the post.


Have a great day!
Sharon


2 comments

  1. I did enjoy the German lesson. Do you speak German? The grapes look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Libby,

    I'm glad you enjoyed the lesson. I do speak German. It's not perfect but, it's enough that I can carry on a conversation with native German speakers and be understood. I'm so excited about these grapes! We have a blackberry bush too but, we have to wait until next year before we see any progress on it. Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate it!


    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers