STOFF MARKT IN OBERHAUSEN


Sunday was such a lovely day here in Deutschland. Early morning, my husband and I traveled to Duisburg, which is about a hours drive to visit my mother-in-law. She prepared a delicious lunch for us which consisted of Kohlrouladen and potatoes. Kohlrouladen is a traditional German meal which could best be described as ground beef wrapped in cabbage leaves. It is sehr lecker or "very delicious!"

After lunch, we drove to Oberhausen to check out the Hollander Stoff Markt. "Stoff" means fabric in German. There were tons of vendors with a lot to offer so, the market attracted a lot of visitors.




Most of the vendors were selling cotton and upholstery fabrics. I only purchased a few yards of Dupioni silk in colors that I don't have in my stock.


Buttons and other sewing items were also available for purchase.

I was really hoping to find some really interesting and unique trims to add to my stash. Sadly, the selection was very disappointing this year. I didn't come across a single trim that I had to have. My mother-in law was such a trooper. She helped me to weed through hundreds of trims only to come up empty handed.


I'm sure I'll visit the market again next year.
As far as I'm concerned, the hunt for treasure never ends!




Enjoy your day!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers