YUMMY SUGAR COOKIES


Sugar Cookies are my absolute favorite cookie of all time! For me, they are an essential part of the holiday season. Since moving to Germany three years ago, I have prepared a batch, or two for Christmas. Last night, I transformed myself into Betty Crocker, took over the kitchen and started baking. My favorite sugar cookie recipe is one by Alton Brown from the Food Network. I found it here.

These cookies are fun and easy to make. Although I don't have children, I can imagine that it would be great to get the family together on Christmas Eve for a baking session. The little ones would have a blast decorating their own cookies. I baked a batch last year when I visited my family in Cincinnati for the holidays and they loved them! Here in Germany it's just me and my husband. The three dozen cookies that the recipe yields is too much for just the two of us. To be sure that I don't behave like the Cookie Monster, I usually pack up a few and my husband takes them to work to share with his colleagues.


I highly recommend that you give the recipe a try. I think you'll agree that these sugar cookies are quite tasty! Enjoy the yummy goodness and don't forget to leave some aside for Santa!



Have a great weekend!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers