PARIS 2013


















 I had a great time in Paris last week!  I made the trip with my Schwiegermutter (mother-in-law) and my  Schwägerin (sister-in-law).  The weather was perfect!  We had sunny skies during our whole trip. On my last two trips it was either rainy or cold.  We really picked the right time to travel to the city of lights.

We stayed in the district of Republique.  Our hotel was nice but, the area itself is very loud. The two nights that we were there, I probably got about two hours of sleep each night.  There are plenty of restaurants and cafes and shopping in the area and, the streets along the canal are nice for strolling and browsing the tiny shops.  The square or Place de Republique is always full of activity.  It's a great place to just sit and people watch.

We chose the subway as our mode of transportation on our first day.  The subway is conveniently  located everywhere in the city and it's relatively easy to navigate your way around to almost all of the must see areas in Paris.  On the second day, we decided to take  a cruise on the Seine river with the Batoboat.   For just 15 Euros you can cruise along the river all day.  The boat stops  at eight sights including Notre Dame and the Louvre where tourist can get on and off as they please for as long as they want to visit these historical landmarks.

I really enjoyed visiting this beautiful city with my family.  However, I probably wont be returning to Paris anytime soon. I think I've grown weary of big cities. It's just too hectic.   Not to mention the fact that my mother-and-law and I almost got run over by a speeding bicyclist!  My husband and I have already decided that the next time we travel to France, we will be headed south towards Provence.  I hear the countryside is beautiful there.  I can't wait to see it with my own eyes and through the lens of my camera.




Have a fabulous day!

1 comment

  1. So beautiful! I'd love to see the city one day but in the meantime I'll see it through your lens. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers