THE THREE QUEENS

DIE DREI KÖNIGINNEN









I've been experimenting with a new paint technique.  Well, it's new for me.  These three lovely ladies were painted using a "bleeding" technique.

A couple of weeks ago, I purchased several rolls of crepe paper.  At the time, I had no idea how I would use the paper.  I had become frustrated with the acrylic paints and besides that, I've ruined a couple of canvases because, I can't get the paint to blend the way I want to.  Anyway, I know that crepe paper when wet it pretty much like watercolor.  So, I thought I would try painting with crepe paper paint.

I am really pleased with the results.  I had to paint over my drawing several times to get the effect that I wanted.  It did cause the paper to buckle a bit but, I think they turned out very nicely.

I did try painting a background on my paper for each lady.  The backgrounds didn't really thrill me so, I decided to cut my ladies out.  I think I am going to frame them and hang them in my studio.

Painting with crepe paper paint is my new favorite thing.  I already have a few sketches that I want to paint using this technique.  Practice makes perfect so, I'm heading back to my sketch pad, crepe paper and brushes!



Enjoy your day!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers