THE DANCER

Here is my latest mixed media painting.  I call her "The Dancer"


This piece is painted on an old canvas.  There is a lot of texture peeking through from the old painting and I love it!  I also love the hints of color in her white dress.  The roses were painted early as part of the second or third layer of paint.  I really like how organic they are so, I decided to leave them.


Believe it or not, I was once a member of a dance group.  About 15 years ago I attended a church that  had a praise dance ministry.  The ministry included women and men. We also had a children's ministry as well.  I served as one of the choreographers for the group. We danced ballet, modern dance  and even a bit of hip hop. Yes, I said hip hop!


For many of our performances, we would often wear a white dress similar to the one worn by my dancer. It was long and flowing and had a ruffle on the bottom.  This painting brings back many great memories for me and it makes me happy.  I don't dance in the praise dance ministry anymore but, I do take a lot of dance breaks here in the studio.  Dance helps to keep the brain and the body active and vital.  It's also a great stress reliever.  So, the next time you need a break, feel stressed or, you just want to let loose and have fun, I hope you dance.




Have a great week!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers