WATERCOLOR WEDNESDAY

When I first started painting about three years ago, the first medium that I experimented with was watercolor.  I felt like I did well with with them and, I even started selling my watercolor fashion illustrations in my Etsy shop.  In 2014 I switched over to acrylics and I fell in love!  Since then, it's been my medium of choice.  

My husband I and recently went on vacation and I knew that I wanted to pack a few art supplies to take with me.  I decided to take my watercolor palette as it was easy to travel with.  I sat down one evening after a day of hiking with my paper and palette and began to paint.  I quickly noticed that my rhythm was off,  I didn't feel as comfortable with the watercolors as I did before.  Needless to say, the painting turned out to be a horrible fail.  

When I returned home, I decided to dedicate more practice to watercolors.  So, I am pleased to introduce a new series which I am calling "Watercolor Wednesdays".  Each Wednesday I will post a watercolor study.  These studies will be in the form of process photos or videos.  Here is the first installment, "Girl In A Red Headband".









No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers