WATERCOLOR WEDNESDAY

Here is my watercolor study for this week. 

I began with a rough sketch



Here, I've layed down a light layer of primary yellow and yellow ochre for her skin.
I like to start light and go darker as I'm working.




Adding in the darker shades,  I believe this is Burnt Sienna.



At this point I wasn't sure if I was liking the direction that the painting was going.  I had a difficult time getting the darker tones right and, I began to wonder if I was over working it.
Her hair, which looked cute in the sketch was also a source of frustration for me.




Despite my challenges and doubts, I decided to keep working.  I added a flower to her hair which helped.  Her side afro puff reminds me of some of the hair do's that were popular in the 1970's.
 Yes, I'm old enough to remember the 70's.



Here she is all finished!  I've titled the piece "Lost In A Daydream"















 “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman



No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers