HEARTS OF STONE

 When my husband and I were on vacation this past summer in Bavaria, we visited the historical town of Bad Tolz.  Bad Tolz is located along the river Isar.  It was there that I found this, a heart of stone. I thought how cool!  I kissed my husband that told him that this heart was just a reminder of our love.  Yes, I know, very corny.  I put the stone in my pocket with the intention of taking it home as a souvenir.

A couple of days later as we were visiting another town in Bavaria which sits on the shores of the river, I found not one but, two!  I brought the stones back to our hotel and placed all three of my stones on the window sill. I fell in love with my collection of these heart or "Herz" in German, shaped stones and I was so excited to bring them home.


 My husband and I love to hike.  We hit the trails just about every weekend.  I found this on a trail about a month ago.  Since then, I've found four more. 




Here is my collection thus far. 





I like to think that the stones symbolize more that just the love between my husband and I.  Because I found the stones on my adventures in nature, I see them as a sign that I am on the right path, headed in the right direction.  I see them as a reminder, a call if you will to just love.  That reminder is for all of us. With everything that is going on in the world, we can certainly use more.


 


Some people forget that love is 
tucking you in and kissing you 
"Good night" 
no matter how young or old you are 


Some people don't remember that 
love is 
listening and laughing and asking 
questions 
no matter what your age


Few recognize that love is 
commitment, responsibility  
no fun at all 
unless 


Love is 
You and me 

Nikki Giovanni

No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers