WATERCOLOR WEDNESDAY

Happy Watercolor Wednesday guys! I was at a loss for subject matter this morning so, I decided to get some inspiration on Youtube.  There I found watercolor artist Jay Art.  Jay is based in South Korea and he does beautiful watercolor tutorials.  His tutorials range from beginner level to advanced. Many of his videos are in real time, which I love but, are without commentary.   I found a beginner level video showing how to painting easy, simple flowers. Because I struggle with flowers, I thought this would be a great lesson for me.  Here's how my illustration turned out.


Jay does alot of color mixing with his watercolors, something I don't normally do.  
Mixing makes the colors more vibrant and, you can achieve better tones and hues. 


I also learned that I need to invest in more brushes.  The brushes that I am currently painting with just don't work with the techniques that are used to create really beautiful flowers and leaves.  




I really enjoyed my practice today.  Working along with a video was also a lot of fun.  The video for this lesson is in real time and last just over eight minutes.  I was able to follow along by pausing the video when necessary.  If you would like to see how Jay's easy, simple flowers turn out, here's a link to the video.  



Happy painting!
Sharon




No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers