MOON GODDESS


 Last week I started two paintings.  This is one of them, "The Moon Goddess".


This painting is done on a piece of recycled wood.  I'm really interested in the idea of recycling and repurposing items.  It's really fun to give something old a new life.  Besides, I think we consume too much nowadays.  There are so many useful items that  end up in our trash cans that can be turned into fabulous pieces of art.



 I decided to try experimenting by adding a few different elements to the painting.  I've used a pair of old earrings for her hair ornaments.  And the moons surrounding her were accents on an old necklace.



Sometimes I look at the moon and imagine it to be a big pearl in the sky.  I wanted to convey that feeling in the painting so, I used a few pearls to accent the one she is holding in her hand.  She also has a pearl necklace. I sprinkled some glitter in her hair and in the grass so give the painting a glowing effect.  And of course,  I had to add my signature stars in the sky. 


I'll share the second painting that I completed very soon.  Until then, I wish you a wonderful day!  Oh, and before you go to bed tonight, be sure to say goodnight to the Moon Goddess.  




Alles gute, 
Sharon

No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers