THE GOOD SHEPHERD


Happy Saturday everyone!  As promised, I wanted to share the second mixed media painting that I completed a couple of weeks ago.  This painting is entitled "The Good Shepherd". 



We recently got rid of an old cupboard where I stored my clothes. I decided to keep the shelves and reuse them for painting. These wood panels are very heavy. It was not possible to paint directly on them as they are covered with a plastic coating.  I covered the panel first with paper to prepare the panel for painting.  The paper adds some great texture which later comes through in the painting.





As with my Moon Goddess painting, I added some bead and fabric elements.  The moon is embellished with pearls and I used a few colored beads to accent his staff.  I added pearls to his cuffs and collar as well.





It's not often that I paint a male figure but, I'm really happy to get practice when they appear on my canvas.  I played around with different color combinations for his skin tone.  I also applied the paint in sections which is a new technique for me.  Sometimes, I find myself holding back when it comes to trying new things, however, I am determined to spread my wings and give myself permission to play.  It is the only way to grow.





I'm off to work on more painting projects and new art dolls. Stay tuned!  What do you have planned for the weekend?



Have a good one!
Sharon




No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers